Senior Qualitative Project Manager (Maternity Cover)
Firefish Ltd is a cutting edge global strategic insights agency with offices in London and New York. Having started life as an innovative youth research agency in 2000, we have grown into one of the largest independently owned insight agencies in the world, bringing deep human understanding to the heart of the strategic decision-making process for some of the world’s biggest brands.
At the heart of our philosophy lies the belief that insight is useless unless it is immediately usable. Sounds fairly obvious, I guess! But the world is full of interesting data – the skill lies in knowing what to do with that data and turning it into something that drives powerful strategies and leads to genuine impact.
We call it ‘Human Strategy’. Put simply, it’s about understanding people and real life really, really well, understanding business and brand strategy really, really well – and combining the two to deliver not just ‘findings’, but pieces of human strategy that drive action and have tangible impact in our clients’ businesses.
The Role in a Nutshell
We are looking for a Qualitative Senior Project Manager for a 11-month, fixed term maternity cover contract for our London office. The ideal person will have incredible organisational and project management skills, a good working knowledge and understanding of UK-GDPR regulations and the MRS code of conduct.
You will be calm and enthusiastic, adaptable and a supportive team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be working within the Firefish UK qualitative team who run international and domestic projects for clients such as Unilever, Spotify, Pinterest, VFC and Diageo. You will be a key part of a small, friendly, highly organised, and successful project management team reporting into the Director of Project Management.
The Project Management team are pivotal within the wider qualitative department, pulling together, managing, and troubleshooting all strands of the project lifecycle across various teams. As such they work closely with not only the Research team but the Finance, Security, IT and Operations teams as well.
Your role will cover the full project cycle from assisting with pitches, proposals, costings, writing screeners, scheduling fieldwork in all markets, profile checking, arranging internal and external briefings, communicating with domestic and international recruiters and partners to ensure each project runs smoothly and to time and cost.
As a further note, we understand that agency life is challenging. These are busy times, and we are all having to work hard to deliver against increasingly challenging client demands. We can’t promise you that life at Firefish won’t be fast-paced and occasionally stressful, but we can promise you a philosophy that promotes balance and wellbeing over long hours and burnout, as well as regular processes and checks in in place to ensure schedules are well-balanced.
- Maintain our current relationships with UK recruiters and international partners
- Negotiate competitive quotes to select the best partners based on their ability and experience
- Be able to complete RFQs (request for quotation) from scratch following a briefing or direct from a proposal. Or sense check RFQs completed by the research team ensuring that all relevant information has been considered and has been included
- Be the key contact for any questions on the RFQ
- Ensure partners / internal departments or our sister office (Firefish USA), are fully briefed on all details of the request including timelines for the response
- Track and save all quotations for comparison at invoicing stage
- Actively seek new partners who can offer the best services at competitive rates
Focal Point (internal costing and financial programme):
All financial reports are run from this programme so it must be updated and maintained daily. Full training will be provided
- Organise ‘briefing meetings’ with the research team to ensure final requirements including costs, sample, logistics, deliverables are agreed and understood by all parties
- Ensure any market specific rules and participant consents have been discussed and the necessary forms / arrangements have been made to meet UK- GDPR requirements
- Provide all relevant documentation to partners and schedule briefing calls for the Research Team and local moderators
- Be able and confident in writing a recruitment screener from the proposal and information received at the briefing meeting
- Manage and troubleshoot profiles from partners, checking that quotas have been reached. Ensuring the participants recruited are on specification, if not you must feel confident to act accordingly and rectify and replace as needed
- Book and oversee all relevant 3rd party services such as: venues and catering, FocusVision, simultaneous translators, transcribers, freelancers, Zoom hosts & notetakers
- Assist with the set-up of digital platforms such as Zoom, Recollective and ensure the research team / clients / hosts have all the required information
- Process incentives for UK sessions, via BACS or Particity (online payment platform) and consent forms
- Collect project feedback and act on any post-project improvements
- Receive, verify, approve and save all invoices then liaise with the Finance team for prompt payment
- Ensure all documents are saved in the correct folders for easy access to all and clearly named
- Keep a record of good suppliers used
- Monthly job reconciliation with the Finance team
- Ensure all suppliers are signed up to the correct Firefish supplier agreements and T&C’s
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ years or more of project management experience including a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of all stages of qualitative research project management
- Proven ability of managing multiple research projects in multiple markets
- Able to advise and assist other members of the Project Management team with recruitment challenges
- Able to identify and push back on issues with recruitment criteria and manage expectations and timelines
- Able to confidently liaise directly with clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to produce accurate and client facing documents
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot and proactive in problem solving
- Highly organised
- Confident, calm but enthusiastic
- A supportive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of UK-GDPR regulations and the MRS code of conduct
- Numerate and commercially minded
- Skilled in use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- RAS accredited or willing to take the assessment within one month
- Intelligent, clear thinking, passionate, enquiring, fun
Salary & Benefits
Salary shared at interview
- 25 days holiday per annum (3 additional days off during the Christmas break that do not come out of your holiday allowance)
- Medical Cover: Simply Health Cash Plan
- Self-Contributory Pension Scheme: auto enrolment after a postponement period, approx. three months, with a matched contribution of 4.5%
- Opportunities for agile working
- Mobile with all calls (within reason)
- Company laptop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Birthday cake and present
Sounds like a role for you? Then just send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com