Operations Intern Wanted
WHO WE ARE
Firefish UK was born in January 2000, and we quickly gained a reputation for inspiring strategic insight built on ground-breaking but rigorous research. We are human strategy partners. We make sense of the human experience and bring this to the heart of decision making, to help brands innovate, communicate and grow. We use unconventional thinking and approaches to deliver uncommon sense.
The work we do for our clients is transformational for their businesses. We want the stories we tell about the work that we do to be as clear, impactful, and insightful as the work itself.
Whatever your role at Firefish, whether managing expenses, projects, people, our environment, or if you’re looking at a new brief, we encourage you to explore, to think about different ways to solve problems and get fresh results, to take an unconventional approach. It might not always work perfectly first time, but you’ll have learned something in trying.
WHY YOU ARE HERE
You are here to experience life in a team that provides operational support to the delivery of research projects and be part of and contribute to our thriving Firefish culture. You’ll be working within a small busy operations team focused on various compliance projects and creating new systems and processes that help keep our operations efficient as well as secure.
WHAT YOU ARE HERE TO DO
These are some areas that you will learn and develop skills during your internship:
- Hands-on experience of working towards meeting business objectives
- Support trials of new processes or technology with a view to rollout
- Insight into the landscape of legal compliance and information security from the perspective of a research agency
- Work closely with the team at the start of an accreditation process (ISO27001)
- Help the team prep and manage logistics for project tasks, work sessions, team meetings, etc.
- Conduct reviews and produce reports on compliance related tasks
- Join team brainstorms and analysis discussions
- Learn to contribute intelligently and constructively to these analysis discussions, brainstorms and risk assessments
People Management/Team Skills
- Foster strong working relationships with all members of the team
- Shadow members of the team on supplier calls or at meets (where appropriate) to learn about relationship management.
In addition, the intern is expected to undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by your line manager or other member of the Management Team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The job holder is expected to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A strong academic background
- Must be analytical, a clear communicator, self-motivated
- Have good logistics and planning ability
- Have an interest in progressive working practice
- Have an ability to assimilate, organise and present information in a way that is logical, clear, professional and shows attention to detail
- Be confident to contribute to team discussions
If you are a problem solver, hungry to learn and looking to be part of a friendly, knowledgeable team, then we may have the right opportunity for you.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to email@example.com