Firefish's quantitative business, the numbers lab, are looking for a skilled and passionate Research Exec to join its London team.
WHO WE ARE
We are a strategic quantitative research agency that specialises in delivering elegantly clear, technically brilliant consulting. Born of a frustration with how quantitative research was delivered, our mission is to ensure that research inspires foresight and enables our clients to address their commercial challenges.
To achieve this, we inspire brand owners to use insights effectively by de-mystifying quant research and telling stories about the people behind the numbers. To this end, we recruit strategically, and are now a seven (soon to be eight) strong team of data scientists that love people as much as we love numbers and equations.
We tell powerful stories that live and grow in our clients’ organisations. Whether for brand, segmentation or innovation work, our narrative and consulting engages our stakeholders, and we work hand-in-hand with them to ensure that the knowledge is used.
We have pioneered the use of film and qualitative narrative in quantitative research. We present highly technical analyses like structural equation modelling without using numbers at all, and we delivered a 38 market media consumption study using only an 8 minute film that focused on our recommendations for future marketing planning, which the client adopted.
Our ability to tell stories that get to the heart of the matter has earned us a reputation for translating quant research into meaningful narratives about real people. This has led many of our clients to commission us to lead strategic reviews of their insights’ libraries for senior stakeholders, often at board level.
Driven by the desire to improve the industry we love, we self-fund Project Eden, our proprietary myth-busting longitudinal trend monitor that explores what consumers really want and do today. The findings provide an additional perspective for our clients, and we are also using it to develop a new alternative to social grade classification. Due to launch in 2015, this new system will more accurately reflect and predict buying behaviours in our new post-recessional world of millennials.
Ultimately, our business is all about people, not just numbers. As a team, we therefore come to work on Monday excited, and go home on Friday, proud of our achievements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for friendly, happy people who are technically brilliant at quantitative research and who are great at explaining and delivering the difficult stuff in a simple, clear and engaging manner. People that:
- Know that the science is critical but at the end of the day, we are trying to understand real people
- Are curious and love to learn, and are always seeking to improve
- Know that accuracy and timeliness are critical, but they are also hygiene
- Are driven to create extraordinary research and deliver extraordinary insight.
- Are proactive self-starters
- Are interesting brands, business and how they interact with normal people
Most importantly, we are looking for people that want to be part of a team, have fun at work and do the best they can do.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Overall, the role is to support your managers in designing, setting up, managing and delivering a vast array of projects – both ad hoc and tracking, across a range of categories from fmcg to financial services. To this end, you will be involved in all aspects of the research process from costings and proposal writing and pitch document creation, through to developing questionnaires and liaising with clients and partners to ensure that project are achieved successfully. You will also be involved in analysis and the creation of client presentations and other deliverables (including films) and presentations and innovation programmes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The job holder is expected to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in MR
- A strong academic background
- Maths or Statistics at A-level or university with an exceptional grade – or other proof of numeracy and awareness & understanding of statistics and probability
- Some brand, communications and NPD research experience within FMCG and other sectors
- Proven skills and experience in:
- Project management
- Questionnaire writing and script checking
- Managing fieldwork effectively (quota and topline checks, supplier liaison, etc.)
- Summarise output of research modules to clients in succinct way
- Summarise and action outcomes of client meetings
- Data checking, tab spec’ing and basic analysis
- Be informed, articulate and intelligent in client interactions – speaking as appropriate
- Track record in handling multiple research projects at the same time
- An interest in progressive working practice and new research techniques
- We are also willing to consider graduate applications
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU
The opportunity to fast track and transform your career, in an environment that will stimulate and challenge you, and looks to develop and support your interests and talents. We give back as much as you put in, and together look to fulfil our joint potential.
The benefits we offer include:
- Medical Cover: Simply Health Cash Plan
- Self Contributory Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Extensive training plan
- Company laptop
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home
- Eligible for a discretionary annual bonus on achievement of personal and company goals
- A 4 week paid sabbatical after 4 years of continuous service – every 4 years
- Birthday cake and present
- Breakfast, Teas, Coffee and Fruit Supplied
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Facilities include a shower
- Discounted gym membership
If you think you are the person for the job, just get in touch below. We look forward to hearing from you.Apply now