Are you a driven Associate Director or a Research Manager looking to take the next step up in the US? If so, we want to hear from you
Are you an experienced, pro-active, go-getting, strategic-thinking qualitative researcher living in the US, looking for an exciting new role within a well-respected international insight consultancy?
Do you have experience working across a range of sectors, with a range of traditional and innovative methods, and can take the lead on all aspects of a project delivering great work and clear direction to your clients with confidence?
Do you want to work with some of the world’s largest brands on some of their most exciting and interesting challenges, growing the business and building on your already-impressive network?
Are you looking for a company culture that feels like home, where you become an integral part of the business, growing with it and having some serious fun along the way?
Are you looking for a generous European benefits package and have the opportunity to work abroad at one of our other international offices?
If so…read on.
The role in brief
This role will provide you with an opportunity to use your instinctive understanding of people, combined with your knowledge of brands, to provide clients with extraordinary insight to help them grow. As an Associate Director, you will be responsible for the development of strong client relationships that contribute to the successful growth of the business. You will be expected to collaborate with other members of the team, ensuring we are delivering the best advice to clients.
At Firefish, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and creative minds in the business, and while senior input will always be available, you will need to demonstrate your ability to lead projects and develop client relationships.
You’ll be working in a smaller, boutique office compared to that of our large London HQ but we all share their same mentality, so we want someone that isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty; to dive right in and get going from day one, being supported by the team as needed.
What are you here to do?
- Overall, to be a highly skilled research practitioner capable of designing, executing and delivering inspiring research for clients, while learning and growing with the team
- Create and draft effective and winning proposals, with minimal input from senior team members
- Design creative and relevant methodologies to answer a variety of briefs
- Confidently write all types of research documents, e.g. discussion guides, as well as sample or oversee, and teach more junior team members in drafting these
- Understand the wider Firefish world / new methodologies and be able to use these confidently with our clients
- Confidently run all types of qualitative fieldwork – including but not limited to moderating client workshops, online communities, online focus groups, face-to-face groups, and depths
- Improvise and adapt methodologies to ensure the objectives of the project are being answered at all times
- Take on responsibility for all elements of international fieldwork, including travel to markets and client liaison
- Be the main point of contact for clients and confidently handle any requests they may have
- Be a driving force within analysis sessions, putting forward hypotheses and ideas for others to respond to
- Come up with strategic recommendations that appreciate a client’s business and research objectives
- Crystalize key findings from a project in a written topline that can go straight to the client
- Design and execute a debrief from start to finish ensuring objectives of the project are met, bringing in senior input when needed to ensure best possible output
- Develop a clear debrief structure that can be used to brief and delegate to the rest of the team
- Present full debriefs to client teams, confidently and successfully
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Be discreet, responsible and respectful when dealing with confidential documents and issues
- Be aware of and maintain MRA Code of conduct/Data Protection in all activities – you will always seek advice if in doubt
- Simultaneously oversee multiple projects within your team while also maintaining other broader responsibilities – delegating across the team when necessary, maintaining high quality standards, ensuring necessary project admin is in place etc.
- Instill and deliver a team spirit of mutual inspiration and to drive continual improvement and development within the business, as well as actively seeking to develop yourself
- Create, develop and maintain a position as a trusted advisor and consultant with clients, developing a rapport that goes beyond research, and seeking new opportunities for Firefish to meet their needs
Business Development & Commerciality
- Take responsibility for project profitability, ensuring that commercial aims are met without undermining quality of outputs, identifying and addressing reasons for low profitability to the senior team if required
- Actively seek out new opportunities for Client Development as well as New Business, working with our Business Development Director to “close the loop”
In addition, the job holder is expected to undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by your line manager or other member of the Management Team.
The skills you will need to succeed
- A US citizen with a strong academic background
- At least 5 years of qualitative research experience is essential
- Brand, communications and NPD research experience within CPG and other sectors
- Strategy consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to speak a second language is desirable but not essential
- Online/digital research experience
- A proven ability in all aspects of the research process including:
- Receiving client briefs and delivering winning proposals
- Strong project management and client communication
- Outstanding moderation
- Strong and strategic analysis skills
- Clear and engaging debrief writing
- An ability to build client relationships and showing potential to form long-lasting client relationships
- Evidence of running own clients - building an on-going relationship and being seen as a key contact for clients
- Evidence of seeking new business and winning it
- To have expert knowledge and experience of most of the different data collection methods
- To have a good working knowledge of other types of research (e.g. qualitative, observations, mystery shopping) to answer client's questions
- Competitive salary
- European vacation allowance
- Full Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401K program
- Individual training budget
- Cell with all calls (within reason!)
- Access to full complement of WeWork benefits, such as food tastings and free beer!
- Company laptop
- Birthday cake and present
If you think you are the person for the role, please click the APPLY button below.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.